1. Create an award for "Best Blog". Include as many categories as possible so everyone stand a chance.
2. Mass-email bloggers to enter the award.
3. Charge $275 per blog for entry ($195 if you enter before November 14, $250 before December 15).
4. Mass-email bloggers to vote for their favourite blogs in the proposed categories (less work for you).
5. Laugh all the way to the bank. Repeat next year.
Hi Joel. You blog seems to be a shoo-in for a couple of our categories, such as Marketing & Advertising or Entertainment. We aren’t trying to monetize bloggers’ egos – we are merely trying to award great bloggers for their hard work and dedication to their craft.
To your point about award contests that require payment, there are quite a few including those like the Webby Awards and Gold Quill.
We’re not the only ones, but we also knew that in our first year bloggers, like you, would question the price.
However, it doesn’t derail us from our charter to recognize the best blogs in the world, because like bloggers we are future thinkers, too. Who knew that a few years ago a web log would turn into a mainstream source of news and information.
The entry fee simply covers costs to promote and award the winners.
In addition, those bloggers who are interested can join the Chapeau Blog Awards affiliate program which gives each blogger the opportunity to earn a monetary reward and a free entry into the award program. If you’d like more information on this, please contact us.
Post a Comment