81 years old ex French president Valéry Giscard d'Estaing has opened a blog
. It gave me the opportunity to learn how to translate blogging vocabulary into French. By using the following words on your blog, you too could add some French flair and sophistication to your daily "billets" (postings).
French blogueurs vocabulary:
- A blogger = un blogueur. Plural: blogueurs
- A blog post = un billet. Plural: billets
- A comment = un commentaire. Plural: commentaires
- A trackback link = un retrolien. retroliens
- RSS feed = fil des billets
Merci Monsieur le President.
ah ah ah, I reported your post on my blog with a little difference: "Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, ex presidente della regione dell'Auvergne (e anche della Repubblica Francese, ça va sans dire)".
Hi Joel. It's fun to know how French people translate blog terms. In Japan:
A blogger = blogger.
A blog post = blog entry
A comment = comment
A trackback link = trackback
RSS feed = RSS feed
So we just use the English terms as they are.
Post a Comment