According to Wikipedia, 2006 will be:
- The International Year of Deserts,
- The Rembrandt Year,
- The Mozart Year,
- The Tesla Year,
- The International Asperger's Year,
- The year of the dog in Chinese Astrology.
Many psychics, pundits and forecasters predict that 2006 will also be:
- The year when action movie hero Arnold is re-elected as governor of California and military draft is re-established in the United States (no connection here I hope),
- The year when phone calls will be free (a one in three chance that is happens),
- The year when a 9-mile-long asteroid will strike the earth (after the world cup, fortunately)
See USA Today.
I cannot wait, especially for the asteroid part. I already missed the beginning of the world, I wouldn't want to miss the end.
Happy New Year by the way :-)