- 51% of journalists use blogs regularly and 28% read them daily (compared to 11% of the US population reading blogs),
- 70% of journalists read blogs for their job, mostly for story ideas or researching,
- 33% read blogs to uncover scandals or breaking news.
The survey points to a trust crisis among journalists and between journalists and corporations:
- 49% of journalists have lost trust in corporations over the last year,
- 76% said that corporate candidness is poor in time of crisis and 66% said the same about transparency,
- 45% are less trusting of their colleagues' professsional behaviours,
- 93% are less trusting of colleagues who are paid to act as spokespeople.
The survey is not publicly available yet but Yahoo carries the press release.
Thanks to Anton-Jan who pointed me to this study.